• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No GPU units left

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Server .159 shows 14,000 WU remaining and .20 shows 1800. Both appear to be working properly though there was a time today that .20 wouldn't accept WUs and .100 (collection server) wouldn't accept WU that came from .20 either. I've still got a steady diet (at least when I left the office).

oh good....its me then :)
cant cannot to assignment server.....aaarrrrggghhhhh

[06:46:27] + Attempting to get work packet
[06:46:27] - Connecting to assignment server
[06:46:48] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[06:46:48] + Could not connect to Assignment Server
[06:46:49] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.65.20).
[06:46:49] + News From Folding@Home: GPU folding beta
[06:46:49] Loaded queue successfully.
[06:46:50] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[06:46:50] + Could not connect to Work Server
[06:46:50] - Error: Attempt #5 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

all my other rigs are pulling units though?

lee

The cpu client is pulling WUs but the GPU client on the same rig isn't? The GPU client used to pull WUs so we have to figure what changed. Firewall is the first thing I'd look at. It could block the FAH GPU client without blocking the CPU client. Is it possible it downloaded an auto update that blocked the GPU client, specifically the ip address 171.64.65.20? It is in a different range than .159 and serves only p2730 ATM. I think you need to open the connection to ip addresses in the range 171.64.65.xx as it looks like several new servers arecoming on line in this range of ip addresses. You are connecting to the assignment server so it is a connectivity problem with that specific server. You could restart the client until the AS sends you to .159 which will eventually happen. Your problem is likely that this is the first time the AS sent you to .20.

very strange.....turned off our firewall, and it grabbed a unit straight away!!!

reactivated it and blocked....this is a unix box not a windows system that could of been patched.

dont understand that at all....the gpu had already completed 9 units and then this happended!

lee

You got assigned to a Work server in a new range of ip addresses blocked by the firewall. Look at server status and open the .20 and others in that range on port 8080 TCP and UDP

It isn't blocking the outgoing connection, it's blocking the incoming. You are getting to the assignment server, you are getting assigned to a work server, it loads the queue, but the download is blocked from that particular work server and probably all in the same range.

i hear what you are saying, but why block that 1 server.....its never blocked any of the CPU work servers, and certainly isnt setup to block anything in that range, unless the GPU server sends the files in a different way.

lee

You were receiving GPU WUs from 171.65.103.159. Most of the CPU WU servers are in this range (171.65.103.xxx) or 171.64.122.xxx. The newest GPU server is in 171.64.65.xxx. I could be totally wrong here but there has to be a logical explanation for it DLing a WU with the firewall off but not with it on on only one server. Is it possible you don't receive WUs from 171.64.122.xxx either? I seem to recall you not getting any of what I thought to be a fairly common WU not too long ago.

you may well be right....just makes no sense.
my firewall does not block any particular range, i will have a look at the logs tomorrow and see if i can see anything

lee

I remember setting up Sonic wall to allow inbound from the range of IPs FAH uses. It would support my theory except that I havent included 171.64.65.xxx in the allowed range and yet I DL'd a WU from there today. I think I should back up and say it's a firewall issue and leave it at that. :)

Another thought is that it is simply a port issue. The firewall is blocking port 8080 on the GPU client to the newer IP address. It opened that port when .159 was a cpu WU server.

Then again it's a firewall issue, Lee. :D

:):)

looked at the logs, and my firewall was blocking the assignment server and the work server......put the 2 fixed ip addresses in the trusted list and away they went.

why all of a sudden they were blocked.......i cannot see

thanks again mate

lee

Back