• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finaly SLI'ed 7800GT's .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson

Here are some benchmarks I have setup for you to see.

am3dn0.jpg

3dmark06tk8.jpg

I would like to try to get more out of them but I am having some trouble with this maybe some one can help me out with some settings like what to do here,
settingscs2.jpg

Or any thing that could net me more power from my system over all . the sig says it all .
Thank You all ..

More voltage means you should be able to get more speed outta the memory and core. I had my 7800gts bios voly modded to 1.5v and was able to get some really screamin numbers. However, I had my cards watercooled.

No I don't think I want to volt mod thies cards .

newbetam3qb2.jpg

I seem to be getting more out of them and I am currently tinkering with settings to find the one that is the best .

how do they run in games? can you see a big difference. i am getting a 2nd card soon and hope there is more performance from using sli.

JP.MIGRAINE said:
how do they run in games? can you see a big difference. i am getting a 2nd card soon and hope there is more performance from using sli.
OH yeah !
I see a really big difference in the games I play now . BIG !
worth it , YES .
I waited a long time for this and now every thing looks so much better vibrant brilliant and fast too with all the eye candy one could ever want . :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Man that is really great i cant wait to get my second card now,hope it gets here this week .i should have my motherboard back from rma then and i will be going nuts playing some heavy games..:beer:

albynomonk said:
Hmm... they are scoring the same as though they were at 530/1300.

Yeah, mine are stock overclocked (475/1100 IIRC). Either 250MHz on the processor or like 60MHz on the memory is getting you some incredible gains.

Nice. I recently tried SLI myself with 2x 7900GT cards. I only saw a 5-10FPS increase in games, as well as nothing different. And, with SLI I saw more bugs in games as well. Such as the ground in CounterStrike Source, it looked different colours(green, red, silver) when it's suppose to be dirt/dust... Yet, with 1x 7900GT it plays perfect :O

Good job though, as long as they are working for you :)

albynomonk said:
Hmm... they are scoring the same as though they were at 530/1300.
I wish I could get them that high . :eek:
I really have seen a big improvement with SLI it is nice to have 2 GPU's then one . Although I bet it would be far better to have a x2 GPU card then SLI . But all in all I am happy with it and will be for year to come . or till I do my next big build .

trickson said:
I wish I could get them that high . :eek:
I really have seen a big improvement with SLI it is nice to have 2 GPU's then one . Although I bet it would be far better to have a x2 GPU card then SLI . But all in all I am happy with it and will be for year to come . or till I do my next big build .
welcome to the 7800GT SLI club ;) is your opty dual core ? reason i ask is i only get 6k on 3dmark06 with my single core ... whats your 3dmark05 score ? mines around 12k.

Burnt_Ram said:
welcome to the 7800GT SLI club ;) is your opty dual core ? reason i ask is i only get 6k on 3dmark06 with my single core ... whats your 3dmark05 score ? mines around 12k.

Interesting, I did not know DC made such a big difference.

My Benchies

3DM05: 13k
3DM06: 7k

sobe said:
Nice. I recently tried SLI myself with 2x 7900GT cards. I only saw a 5-10FPS increase in games, as well as nothing different. And, with SLI I saw more bugs in games as well. Such as the ground in CounterStrike Source, it looked different colours(green, red, silver) when it's suppose to be dirt/dust... Yet, with 1x 7900GT it plays perfect :O

Good job though, as long as they are working for you :)

Change your drivers. Either get an older set or a newer set.

ok soo my best 3dmark is 8645 with an xfx 7950gx2 and my auqamark score is only 115k why? cpu was like mid 10k but 3dmark cpu was 2141??? What is up with that?, in comparison your scores.
my 3dmarks more soo why dont i come close with auqamark?

sli

When i disable sli in Oblivion at 1600 1200 fps go to -30fps.
Sli on 59+fps vsync on at 60
3dmark3 19750 single
3dmark3 26527 sli
Because i had one 7900gt it was a good idea.
Would i buy 2cards at same time no way

Back