• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some zalman vf700-cu questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have two. 1) one of the nuts that came with it didnt have any threads, it was a special one that i wont be able to find at the hardware store, and i dont feel like RMAing it because of a 2 cent nut. does zalman sell any replacement parts?
2) It came with a 4pin power adapter, im guessing its a ghetto fan speed controller that needs you manually unplug the fan and switch it to another 3pin wire if you want to go from 7v (silent mode) to 12v (normal mode) can I just plug it into the fan connector on the gfx card or does it draw to much power?

no, you can't connect it to your vid. card. or atleast i wouldn't try it.

if i were you i would stick it into a fan controller, but even at full speed i can't hear it at all. so mine is on a fan controller, but its always on full speed.

i dunno about the replacement part. which nut is it?

its the one labeled 'nipple A' in the installation manual. its the slightly longer one between the heatsink and the vidcard

ok, let me look through my mountain of screws to see if i have an extra. if i find one just PM me with your address and ill send you an envelope with it.

edit: sorry man. for some reason all im left with is the screws the rubber rings and a bunch of ram heatsinks... but the nipples/back plate are gone.

try calling up zalmen to see if they have a replacement

Last edited:
ya, ill look at the website see if theres a number. for some reason, they put like 10 screws in even though you only need four, 6 orings even though you need 4, and only 2 of the nipples, not thinking if someone loses one or *gasp* this happens.

well, forget about the missing nut, can just use the screw from my gpu water block which broke. its longer so it can just go straight through the backplate.

Back