• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual team membership

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joe Camel

Senior Camel Kicker

i just wanted to throw this out to all of you:

is it ok (with you) if i bench for another team that is using HWbot?

specifically it would be for OCX Team Insano

i would still like to add my scores to our 3D threads, but also submit (the same scores) to OCX Team Insano's HWbot threads.

as i have said over on OCX, i am a dedicated OCF team member (and ALWAYS will be) but id like to get my #'s on the HWbot lists and also support Team Insano.

thanks for the input :beer:

It's fine by me Joe. Isn't it possible for rouge scores to still make HWbot rankings without a team if submitted directly at the site?

I don't have any major issue with it. I'd like to see the active team members comment on this.

I think it's a very good idea. I myself post my scores at Cluboverclocker.com but it under a different screen name for hwbot. They know I am a dedicated OCforums benchmarker and I won't remove the title in my scores and there OK with it. I did it because they have a very small team and my low scores can actually help there team score not hurt it. IMO I think we should allow dual names in the title like -bignick OCforums/Club OC- or something like that.

LOL

SN,

what, this wasnt clear enough?

Joe Camel said:

i would still like to add my scores to our 3D threads, but also submit (the same scores) to OCX Team Insano's HWbot threads.

as i have said over on OCX, i am a dedicated OCF team member (and ALWAYS will be) but id like to get my #'s on the HWbot lists and also support Team Insano.

PS

BIG :thup: on them GREEN STARS :D:D:D

EDIT:
just in case that wasnt clear, i would never leave OCF 3D team and will always have that in my ORB links.
i would just like to get my scores on the hwbot lists and support Team Insano in memory of Captin Insano.

Last edited:
I guess my opinion may differ from most of you. While I see no problem with having "scores that dont count" publicized and posted for other teams, I would definitely say if you are going to be benching for any team. It can only be 1 team. Thats what competition is about, not to mention it would skew the results for multiple forums.

We love you Joe.
Dont go!

Thanks man :)

It is your choice dude. If you think its going to help out, go for it. ;)

dom, he's not leaving. I contribute at other forums as well, sometimes it brings curious folks here, who may stick around. So, its not a bad idea to collaborate with other forums/teams. Ofcourse, this is just my personal opinion and your's is as valid a reason as mine.

Joe Camel said:

I know im late here JC, but instead asking for dual memberships. Why not ask the team to start using HWbot somehow. then we dont worry about this at all.

d]g[ts said:
I know im late here JC, but instead asking for dual memberships. Why not ask the team to start using HWbot somehow. then we dont worry about this at all.

I was think this also. When we first started using hwbot for superpi there wasn't really any reason to use it for 3dmark but with all the features that are part of it now it makes sense.

Back