• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CRITICAL HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Europa

my friend is in need of help
she is complaining about a nosiey fan but doesn't know which fan it is

i told her to download speed fan & give me a screen shot & :shrug: at the computer is still alive

O/S:Windows XP pro
RAM:1024MB DDR
CPU: amd 64 athlon
APG:ati radeon 9550 agp 256mb ddr

Attachments

• fan.PNG
    fan.PNG
    22.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
what motherboard does she have? my experience with speedfan is that it doesn't report the temperatures correctly all of the time

How old is this system? if its pre built then it most likely doesnt have many fans.

does she have a model #? she might want to give mbm5 a try just to confirm the temps/fans. if you get a model #, you can probably pull up on the internet what mobo it has.

iXtreme E302

Computer Specifications
Processor AMD Athlon 64 3400+
Operating System Windows® XP Home Edition
Chassis Micro Tower
Chipset VIA K8T800
AGP Video 1 AGP (max 8X)
Expansion slots 2 PCI, 1 PCI/CNR
Memory 1GB/400MHz DDR (2x 512MB)
Hard Disk Drive 160GB @ 7200 6HDP
Audio Integrated AC97
Video Card ATI Radeon 9550 256MB
Video Memory 256MB
Modem CNR Modem V.92 56K
Keyboard PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse PS/2 Optical Mouse
CDWriter DVDRW Super Multi Drive
Network Card LAN on board
TV-Tuner Yes with remote control
Card Reader 12 in 1 Card Reader
PS/2 ports 1+1
Serial 1
Parallel 1
USB 4+2
Video Out 1 + 1 S-Video
Analogue Audio 1
Game/Midi Port 1
Screen 17" TFT
Speakers Storm 2.1 (Black)
Service & Support 1 year RTB

The easiest thing to do is pull the cover off and look. It will be pretty obvious which fan is causing the problem.

JimmyG said:
The easiest thing to do is pull the cover off and look. It will be pretty obvious which fan is causing the problem.

definitely. you also might be able to grab the model # of the motherboard just so she can try to use mbm5 to see if speedfan is reporting correct info.

Back