• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocked Mobile C2D CPU's?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lancelot

I was browsing Dell's site for updates and found a newer BIOS for my XPS laptop stating "support overclocking options for unlocked Core 2 Duo processors" I flashed it and indeed there is an 'overclocking' tab now but it's greyed out. I was under the impression that ONLY Desktop Engineering Samples were unlocked?!

does your xps use a conroe, or a merom? like MM said, the x6800 is unlocked, so that would work with oc'ing, presuming it runs conroes. i don't know if there is a x6800 type merom.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
does your xps use a conroe, or a merom? like MM said, the x6800 is unlocked, so that would work with oc'ing, presuming it runs conroes. i don't know if there is a x6800 type merom.

T7200 = Merom 2.0Ghz 4MB L2 667FSB
In the meanwhile I've read something abou a new 'G' addition for Merom chips, i.e. T7600G (2.33Ghz) seems to have a (downwards?!) unlocked multiplier...

Back