• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me in oc my e63

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Preetham

Hello guys,

new to this forums, as i am noob in overclocking .
can u guys teach me how to overclock .
Here is my system config

cpu e6300 with stock HSF
ram kingston value ram 553 x4 = 2gb at 5-3-3-3-11
mobo intel DG965ry.

i am changing my motherboard in jan . thought of buying nforce 650i ultra based board.

:(

Doesn't look like you have much luck... You need better memory. To overclock the CPU you need to crank up the FSB, but with 533MHz ram the highest you can crank it up is 266MHz, which is the stock FSB speed.

the 1.83 GHz number comes from your FSB, multiplied by the fixed multiplier, which is 7. If you get DDR2-667MHz ram you can OC to 333*7 = 2.33 GHz. If you get DDR2-800 ram you can OC to 400*7 = 2.80 GHz.

ok plz tell me which ram should i buy.
and how much should i get 2gig or 1 gig

If i was you the first thing i would do is like you said.Get a new motherboard first.Then when you get that transfer everything over that you want to keep.Try that ram that you have and see what you can get out of it first. Im running PQI Turbo 533 at 800 with no problems. I also have the same cpu as you. For a board i would suggest what i am using a Gigabyte DS3 965P or if you like asus they have some good boards. Nothing to look at really but they overclock good. Also get some good after market cooling for your cpu and northbridge plus some good case fans. Make sure you have a good power supply you dont want to skimp on the life of your system. For a good p/s you are going to have to spend at least $100.00 bucks. Im using a gamestream 700 watt and its not wanting for nothing.:sn:

Attachments

• cpuz.png
    cpuz.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
ok i am taking asus p5b dlx and a data 2x1gb 1066 mhz ram. is that ok guys with corsair 620 watt.

Back