• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Read the Vcore with multimeter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rev

Can you read your cpu vcore while under load using a multimeter? Where would you have to put the multimeter leads? Seeing as I'm a physics major I have access to incredibly sensitive multimeters and I was wondering how accurate the P5B really is.

You actually can. One way is to look up the pinout for the processor and read it from the vcc pins. You can also read directly from the mosfets that regulate voltage on your mobo.

TTT. If anyone knows anything more please let me know.

I'll try and find my own answers and hopefully this weekend I can make some report on how accurate the vcore actually is.

look up the Vcore modification (IE Vcore mod) for your partiular motherboard, the Vcore read point (usually a mofeset) is marked in the Vmod guide.

I don't like saying look something up, but its different for every motherboard, and that could cause confusion.

Back