• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU for 20 pin board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dowop

Do all the new psu`s have the 20-24 adapter.
I want to use it on a 20 pin board.
Thinking about the Antec TP3-650.
Thanks

I prefer the 24 pin PSU's. Just snap off the extra four if you need to use it on a 20 pin mobo. Then when you upgrade to a 24 pin mobo you can keep your PSU.

The board I am going to use it on is a ASUS p4 800 dlx.
Using the ASUS probe the voltage is showing fluculation on the 12v from 11.95-12.30.
Vcore 1.3-1.4.
The processor is a 3.2e Prescot
The power supply is a Antec tp 430.
I also have a ASUS A8V Deluxe running a AMD 3500 Clawhammer.
Antec tp11 480.
The ASUS PROBE shows the voltage to be steady.
Is it my PSU or maybe just the board that causes the fluctuation?
Thanks again.

dowop said:
The board I am going to use it on is a ASUS p4 800 dlx.
Using the ASUS probe the voltage is showing fluculation on the 12v from 11.95-12.30.
Vcore 1.3-1.4.
The processor is a 3.2e Prescot
The power supply is a Antec tp 430.
I also have a ASUS A8V Deluxe running a AMD 3500 Clawhammer.
Antec tp11 480.
The ASUS PROBE shows the voltage to be steady.
Is it my PSU or maybe just the board that causes the fluctuation?
Thanks again.

Are you suffering system instability, poor overclocks, PSU overheating, or other symotoms of a failing PSU? If so, I'd recomend that you use a digital multimeter to check your voltages. If they're out of spec, you're looking at a replacement.

In terms of replacement units, I'd not recommend the Antec TP3 line. In My experience, they're very prone to the type of failure experienced by Jonny Guru (I've had three die in violent explosive events since their introduction and have since stopped using the Antec line of PSUs altogether). I'd recommend the Sunbeamtech NUUO 550 as a decent inexpensive alternative. They have the 4-pin split-off as described by damarble, so are entirely compatible with 20-pin boards.

Are you suffering system instability, poor overclocks, PSU overheating, or other symotoms of a failing PSU? If so, I'd recomend that you use a digital multimeter to check your voltages. If they're out of spec, you're looking at a replacement.

I am not having any of the above problems.
Just concerned about the voltage fluctulations.
Thanks for replying.

Back