• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fry's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
MightyJoe said:
It's on outpost.com right now for that price...
Thanks. PATA i got 1, it'll make a good 300Gb media center coupled with xbox and xbox media center :)

Oxalic32 said:
$60 for 300GB! i would buy 2. I live no where near fry's :-/.

You dont have to live near one, these are shipped items. I'm in for 2 x 300 IDE drives = $129.99 shipped for both. :santa:

CordialSpam said:
I might grab the E6600 + the mobo this morning. WHat do you guys think? Is that a good deal?

Newegg 308$ for just a retail processor

ECS Motherboards are rather mediocre. Last year with the 3800 X2 deal (179$ I think)) I sold the unopened ECS motherboard on E-bay for 50$ since I already had an ASUS A8N-SLI. Selling the surplus A64 3500 venice I had I think I broke even on that deal especially since the 3800 X2 had no problem getting to 2700MHZ

So yeah it sounds like a good deal. I wouldn't go at 5AM though. Fry's should have a pallet load of E6600's and ECS motherboards fill the back room to the rafters. I bought my 3800 X2 at 2PM last year and they said they had plenty left at the Tempe store when I bought it.

I'd wait a month or so before selling the ECS motherboard on e-bay. I suspect there will be a flood of them soon on E-bay. Sometimes a fry's salesperson will offer a different motherboard for a little more money but this usually isn't a great deal

Back