• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power adapter for Asus PG348Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreatSaski

Can someone recommend a power adapter for the ASUS PG348Q? I just recently got one, open-box from Fry's and it was missing the power adapter. I didn't realize until I got home and the store is pretty far so I didn't want to drive back. I called them and they weren't any help at all, just said to contact Asus. Asus told me they dont offer or sell replacements for adapters but a universal one would work. Can someone recommend one for me please? Thank you.

Which power lead from the PSU do you need to adapt and to what do you need to covert it? We need more info and a pic or two would help. Every cable coming from a PSU carries power.

Looks like it's a monitor and I believe he needs a barrel connector with a power brick. I would just pick one with the appropriate voltage and amperage rating for your device and the correct plug.

Which power lead from the PSU do you need to adapt and to what do you need to covert it? We need more info and a pic or two would help. Every cable coming from a PSU carries power.
It's a monitor. :)

You can look up the output of the stock adapter at the monitor website and buy one that matches. Or, surely you can search the model monitor you have and power supply and return hits on Amazon and ebay.

Here is one: https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Supply-Adapter-PG348Q-Monitor/dp/B01I6SL1DC

Last edited:
Thank you. I actually ended up buying that one,along with a couple others, just in case. On another forum, I read that a lot of people had trouble with their Asus adapters and actually replaced them with others. I just felt weird about using one that wasn't an Asus one. I wanted to make sure I had the right one and the one you linked some others had bought also.

Asus told me they dont offer or sell replacements
You spoke to an idiot. Well, probably not his fault as you probably got a tier 1 tech and they have only been trained to follow a check list. They have no authority to think for themselves or use common sense.

You don't want a "replacement". You have to have one in the first place in order to replace it. And you didn't. You need to call them back and say it was missing from the package and you want a new on.

:eek: :( :censored: Oh no! Wait a minute! :( Sorry! I just read your post again. This was an "open box" purchase. I think you are hosed and have no choice but to drive back to Fry's. If this was a notebook, you would be fine with a universal notebook power supply. But a monitor? I would not attempt it - unless I could see the original and verify the output voltage, current requirement, connector shape and very importantly, the polarity of the connector wiring.

Sorry, but road trip time.

Obvious after-the-fact hind-sight is 20/20 lesson: Always verify everything is in the box with "open box" purchases before leaving the store.

Or...just use the link for a genuine power brick for that device like I posted earlier and the guy already bought. :D

Interesting point Bill. I always assumed on the barrel connectors the outside was ground and the inside was +xV. Always dangerous to assume.

On an aside, while I understand wanting panels to be thinner, and removing a heat source from the panel itself, but I am really not a fan of external power supplies.

Back