• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

outlook default email text

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A few months ago, I had to send a lot of contacts the same message, and used Word on a file in, I think, application data, to set some "default" text. Well, now I've got no need for this, and I'd like to either wipe the text or change it to something else. Does anyone know how to do this?

redduc900 said:
You may want to have a mod move this to the Microsoft based applications forum... and assuming you're running OL2003:

Change the message format to plain text, HTML, or Rich Text
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP052426891033&C

Will notify a mod, but I'll just reply before doing so.

I've got 2003, but changing that to plain or rich text doesn't help, nor does the stationary. there's some default template that outlook uses, that I can't for the life of me remember the name of - I just remember its in app data or local settings, can't remember the format, just that it can open in Word.

I believe OL2003 uses either normal.dot (when Word is set as the default email editor) or *.oft as the default email template.

Last edited:
Back