• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got e6400!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTac02

=) So today i got my p5b, 7800gtx, e6400, 2gb ram, and chaintech case. Im gona be OCing this beast and just wanted to know from experience what i should try. Thank you!

Update to the latest BIOS and just have at it. It's all about trial and error. Make sure you keep an eye on temps and good luck with the overclock. What kind of cooling will you be using?

GTac02 said:
=) So today i got my p5b, 7800gtx, e6400, 2gb ram, and chaintech case. Im gona be OCing this beast and just wanted to know from experience what i should try. Thank you!

I got a e6600 myself, I dance whenever I see the Core 2 Duo commercial on TV because I'm so happy :D

yea im coming from a northwood 2.4c @ 2.4ghz lol. i cant freakin wait. And i will be doing air cooling until i get some D9 memory because thats gona limit me before temps i think.

you get just the plain p5b or is it the p5b-e/p5b-dlx? what ram do you have that your using it in the p5b/e/dlx?

Evilsizer said:
you get just the plain p5b or is it the p5b-e/p5b-dlx? what ram do you have that your using it in the p5b/e/dlx?

I got the P5B Deluxe WiFi-AP Edition. Ram is PQI PC2-5400 1GB dual channel 4 4 4 12 . Like i said, i was on a budget so for now ill just OC the crap out of this ram..

Evilsizer said:
Sorry to kinda hijack, but I got an e6400 and a vanilla p5b on the way. Is there something wrong with the board?

quick question on the P5B this beast is nicer than i thought it comes with a NB cooler? and a fan for it but it says "dont install unless water or passive cooling" what does this mean? should i put it on or not?

if you are using a tower hs like the ninja then use the fan. as the lack of air from a tower and water cooling the pwm's and chipset need this fan installed in order to cool them.

the p5b does not have high voltage for ddr2 ram, irc its only 2v or 2.1v which is not good for high speed ram.

The Core 2 Duo, and any decent motherboard whether it be a DS3, an S3, a P5B... is more-or-less an automatic camera. You just point, and overclock.

Once I switched power supplies and put my water cooler on I just threw the damned thing up to 3ghz. Never even bothered to LOOK at anything lower than that. Then I hit 524FSB on cheap RAM.

So now I've maxed out at 3.64ghz. And that's only because I stopped trying. But it's already faster than any other dual core chip on the market at stock.

So there you have it. I may get a better video card somewhere down the line so I can play Crysis and all that wonderful stuff. But the upgrade is over for the next two or three years.

I would get a P5B Deluxe. But what would I do with it? Maybe hit 530mhz? My RAM would give out on me before I hit 600.

whats a ninja? i dont get it, should i or should i not put on the fan that comes with it over the heatsink :/

GTac02 said:
whats a ninja? i dont get it, should i or should i not put on the fan that comes with it over the heatsink :/
i am pretty sure a ninja is a post-xp120 chip cooler. i am thinking very large.

so last nite i built my whole rig and i played with it a little and got 3.2ghz out of this POS memory so now im looking into ways to squeeze a little more out of the ram any suggestions..

Raise the timings as high as they will go on the ram, more voltage on the ram. Higher NB and SB voltage if needed, really depends what you are using currently.

deathman20 said:
Raise the timings as high as they will go on the ram, more voltage on the ram. Higher NB and SB voltage if needed, really depends what you are using currently.

i have the exact same mobo and cpu as you except i have PQI 2x1gb 667 ram. i think the ram just cant take it.. it was cheap $150 used here on the forums...

Back