• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Top PS holder in CM Stacker STC-T01

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acurax

I was just wondering if the top power supply holder in the original stacker was large enough to hold some of these new, larger power supplies (180mm deep like the PCP&C Silencer or Silverstone Zeus 750+ models). Or is the top mount limited to a 140mm depth of power supply?

It looks like a larger one would fit from the pics I've seen but its a little hard to tell.

They fit quite fine. The space inside the upper slot is just under 8.5" or about 215mm. There is some enclosure in the back of the psu container, which may cause problems with wires leaving the psu.

It would be very hard to fully use the space, but if that problem arises, you can take the psu cage out of the case. Many stacker owners here have (but not me). Or you could use the psu on the bottom. Lots of alternatives with the stacker. :)

I'm faceing the delema right now of mounting the power supply either in the top bay or resting on the bottom. Not quite sure which I will do right now although I'm leaning a little more with the top bay as of now.

I bottom mounted mine. The sunbeam modular PSU was just to much of a PITA trying to wedge my big mitts into the PSU cage.. (although t only took up a little more then half of hte space in there)

I think when I get back home after christmas break, I am going to drill mine out and paint my case too. :)

my new Silverstone Zeus 850 fits up there with room to spare so I guess the 700 should fit as well.

I took a dremel to my PSU cage so only the part blocking it from sticking thru got cut off instead of drilling it out and removing the whole thing. Ground down the edges and added electrical tape as an edge guard.

FYI if you PSU is longer than the cage your going to have to flip the top blow hole fan or remove it.

Back