• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going to move to Core2. help choose me components!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bixit_62

Hello!!

Well, after my recent stint (back) into the AMD world, i've decided the time is ripe to jump back into the Intel camp!

I primarily use my computer to browse the internet, IM, word-based tasks and the occasional bit of photoshop.

I have 400pounds to spend, plus 200quid i ought to get back from selling my current rig.

I'm leaning toward the 6300 or the 6400, and I'm going to be going for a motherboard with ONBOARD :)eek: ) graphics/lan/sound, but i want something with some sort of potential so i can upgrade later!

Ultimately i want something QUIET and snappy.

I'm leaning toward the Intel G965 purely because its INTEL and i want something stable! and a board from either Abit or Asus,

min 2gb of ram of course, ideally with a little bit of headroom for overclocking, going to be going for a heatsink from thermalright of course as they've served me well in the past and paired with a panaflo 92mm they're great!

the case i have is the Antec NSK 2400, small, and relatively quiet.

the problem is, i've been out of the loop for a while, so i need suggestions into which i can look into further myself! so give me suggestions!!!!!

the main things i need are: snappiness, QUITENESS! i am NOT going to even consider watercooling! water+computer= bad images in my head!

See my sig. I spent about US $700. My usage is about the same as yours. Since you can get a decent graphics card for US $60, I discourage onboard video.

Back