• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Red Steel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rysjimmy1994

I bought Red Steel the other day at Best Buy because it was the only interesting looking game they had there. I got home and read nothing but horrible reviews for the game. Has anybody played it? and does it suck or should I just keep it. THe game is still unopened

I've heard both, actually. I've heard it's good, and I've heard it's poor.

Your best bet would be if you're having doubts, go rent it. That way you can play it w/o opening the copy you purchased, and if you don't like it you can return it.

I have heard:

the controls aren't very good
it looks like goldeneye
the game is short
frustrating for multiplayer

I recommend watching the video review at gamespot.

I would definetly say no
horrible graphics
horrible controls
VERY SHORT
boring

and yes i have it..and regret it

If you looking for a good Wii game and already have Zelda....I suggest Trauma Center....I have it for DS and it's a great game....seriously....and the reviews have been pretty good..I think it would have gotten even better scores if it wasn't mostly a direct port...meaning it doesn;t have alot of voice acting or cut scenes but it's wicked fun

I was thinking about Trauma Center. I already have Zelda, and I need soemthign to switch back and forth to when I get bored with Zelda.

Trauma Center is pretty good. I have been playing it a bit, and not only is it fun, but you can play for just 5 or 10 minutes and still get a surgery or two in so you feel like you have done somethign

well i dunno about you, but i want monkey ball SO bad. and ive read really good reviews for it too. so if you like the old monkey balls (think gcn monkey ball 1 and 2, forget that pos monkey ball adventure CRAP) then id go with that. if you havent ever played monkey ball then id say go rent it. ppl either love it or they hate it. but most ppl i know that play it love it.

Well Splinter Cell: Double Agent is out now and those have always been good games to play, Far Cry comes out in 3 days and that is one of my favorite games to play on the PC whenever I'm at a lan. So those are two games that are very promising titles, but if you just don't know I would suggest renting a couple of games.

I'd defintely take it back. Wish I had gotten Excite Truck instead. It gives me a slight case of motion sickness, control is annoying and downright tiring and painful after a while.

Yeah I heard Red Steel was really bad, bad story and bad gameplay. The only good thing I've heard is the sword play is pretty cool.

i have it and i think its alright, its about what i expected it thought alot of these people seemed to think it was some super game when it reall wasnt and i think they feel let down for some reason.

dont bulid things up too much in your mind because you'll be dissappointed alot

oh... I second it being bad. I'm trying to beat it as fast as I can so I can trade it in for Trauma Center. Bad call on my part. I knew something was wrong when I fired it up and there was anti-aliasing issues OFF THE CHARTS. It's ok as a shooter, but leaves much to be desired. The sword combos are IMPOSSIBLE to use in practical application. The only skill u will do is the double hammer, cuz you z-click and flick both controls down. The slash-slash-dual bs thing will NEVEr register. Maybe 1/20.

Back