• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-E plus and Noctua NH-U9 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seren

Does anyone know if the Noctua NH-U9 with fit on the Asus P5B-e plus, I know it's LG775 compatible but not all 775 boards have all those small capacitors round cpu socket and there are fixing brackets to be fitted wante to know if they clear the capacitors, uses same pcb as deluxe version thanks.

Why a NH-U9? I belive Tuniq and Ultra 120 are better but thats just my opinion based on reviews I read (I have Ultra120). I do know the NH-U9 does come with a hard to find expensive fan thats perfect for cases lol.

All tower heatpipe coolers should not have this issue. They all have a certain rasied height (or length) so that the 'fins' should not interfear with anything. So rest assured, it will not contact the caps.

Metr0 said:
if that mobo is similar to p5b deluxe yes i have the noctua on it

Thanks for the reply and info, could you please tell me whcih way you have it installed ie facing the back or PSU or will it fit any way, and how much clearence is there on the small capacitors.

IKIKUINTHENUTZ.

I agree the tuniq is a good cooler but I don't want anything that big, I am not a serious overclocker and the noctua will do just fine for me, as for the fin clearance no problem with the noctua it's the fixing brackets that have to bridge the small capacitors located around the cpu socket, METRO will knowabout this.

Metr0 said:
i dont use a case :p

Thanks again for the reply, would you still be able to fit the cooler in any orientation or will it only fit one way dues to small capacitors around cpu socket ?

Back