• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noctua nh-d14 + ASUS P7P55D-E LX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TreeEskimo

Hi.

My CPU fan has died on me, so I'm getting a Noctua NH-D14 to go with my following specs:

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E LX

CPU: i5 760 @ 2.8 GHz

RAM: Crucial DDR3 1333MHz (4GB only)

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus Mid Tower

GPU: GTX 550Ti 1GB

PSU: Hantol HPSU720

HDD: 1xRandom 500GB hdd

SSD: SSD Samsung 840 128gb PROseries

However, my main concern is if the noctua will fit onto my motherboard and if theres enough space for the RAM blocks too etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Without knowing the model number of memory modules your running can't know for sure but looking here should give you an idea..........

NH-D14 Mainboard Compatibility

NH-D14 Ram Compatibility

Note:
The NH-D14 is a big cooler that extends over the first RAM slots on most mainboards. The cooler offers sufficient clearance for all standard size memory modules, but you won’t be able to use memory modules higher than 44mm.

Without knowing the model number of memory modules your running can't know for sure but looking here should give you an idea..........

NH-D14 Mainboard Compatibility

NH-D14 Ram Compatibility

Note:

Hi, sorry for that - I appreciate the quick reply. This is the best I can give you regarding my RAM:

Crucial DDR3 1333MHz 4GB KIT, CL9, Kit w/two matched DDR3 2GB, 240pin

It says Module Height is 1.18 tommer. Which is = 1.18 tommer = 29.97200 mm.

Is that information enough? Thanks in advance.

So I should be fine with that motherboard + case and my noctua cooler?

I have no personal experience with that setup but yes.....According to the dimensions.

A quick web search should tell you for sure....:thup:

Back