• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTX Dropping in Price already...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lames

Registered
Dropped $30 already and I just got done buying mine for $630 this past week.../sigh

Kind of disappointing to an extent..

this is the thing... if you are always looking back at price drops on latest tech computer hardware you will never get anywhere nor ever buy anything... just buy it and for get about it...

NOW if you know theres a BIG price cut comming soon... like the HUGE price cuts amd did over the summer... then you wait but for 30 bucks... ehh just dont go to star bucks a coupla times.

Think of all the memorable times you've already had in the last week. Well worth the $30.

--pak

pak said:
Think of all the memorable times you've already had in the last week. Well worth the $30.

--pak

LOL! That really did make me LOL and really did make my morning because your SOOO right lol.

I got my BFG 8800GTS for £255+vat ($508+vat) but since I put it on my work's account I will get the VAT back :)

I believe it's very good price and it will not drop a lot. After all as Nvidia said 8800 will be their top range for the year to come.

can't wait till I put both of mine in SLI mode with my new quad core and CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 850w powersupply. Wait a sec, I am not filthy rich. Dang :.(

News Flash - Dont ever buy an 8800GTX and downgrade to a 7900GTX

Great card. Highly recommended, and the lower price points are even more enticing.

Yes, their price is indeed very tempting... I think though that once ATI comes out with their new card, the price of the 8800 GTX and GTS will probably drop a wee bit more :) I just bought an X1900XT, so my pockets are kinda empty at the moment lol... The 8800's are amazing though!!

well let's hope that the investigation for price fixing coming up in the states between ATI/Nvidia might make prices taper off a bit, I have long suspected a bit of price fixing in the upper end of things.

Let's hope that can shave $100 off the top end and get them back under $500 closer to $400.

dominick32 said:
News Flash - Dont ever buy an 8800GTX and downgrade to a 7900GTX
HAhahah! Sorry to hear, but we told you so!

I sold the X1900XT 512MB for $275 and invested an additional $325 for my "annual member's fee." :santa:

Lames said:
Dropped $30 already and I just got done buying mine for $630 this past week.../sigh

Kind of disappointing to an extent..

I'm sorry, I probably can't get a DirectX 10 capable video card for a good while!

They're prohibitively expensive, like the GeForce 7800 GTXs in 2005. :(

But, at least there was a less expensive version of the 7800 GTXs.
I haven't heard of lower priced DirectX 10 (probably known as pixel shader 4) video cards, thus I minus will stick to a DirectX 9 (pixel shader 2x and 3x) video card and Windows 2000 Pro SP4. :(

I definitely am not paying more than $300 dollars just for a game to let me play it! :mad:

Thus I probably won't be buying a DirectX 10 game for a good while!

2007's likely gonna have a crisis. That's even worse then 2002, where it seemed that everything was expensive.
At least in 2002, wasn't required to get the latest version of Windows for the latest pixel shader version.

Last edited:
Meh this is what I get for wanting it on launch day, lol. This is good news for alot of people still waiting.

I'll stick with my x800xt pe agp for a good while yet and even when i get my core 2 duo system up and running over the coming
weeks im gonna stick a cheap pci-e grfx card in until summertime or a good fortune week when i can afford a better one :p

Back