• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$74 Geforce 8800GTS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
site is legit and has 7+ on reseller ratings but im sure its a misprint and the fine print says they dont have to honor it even if your card is charged before they catch it

Looks legit, probably a mis-print but if u could get it for that I'd consider going for it. I placed it in the cart to see what would happen and it stayed at that price. hmmmmmm :shrug:

yea i placed mine in the cart an calculated shipping (free shipping!). i wonder if it could work for that price...dual 8800gts's sli for under $150 = drool...

u gonna try it? heh..post screenies when the box comes in! lol

Took a chance....

I just placed an order for one...will let you guys know if I get one for $74, will be a bargain.
I did notice in the terms and conditions that they have the right to cancel the order if they posted the price incorrectly. Got nothing to loose, so I'm hopefull, meybe they got a wharehouse full of 'em and need to make space - LOL;)

for all who's ordered one, please let us know how much u are being charged for on ur card statements. i'd try it but its not payday today haha =(. and for all who have ordered one an they come in for that price... Merry Christmas ya bums. :santa:

miss it ..o well , probably would have sent an email cancelation anyway .

good luck to the those with $74 orders :)

Brolloks said:
I just placed an order for one...will let you guys know if I get one for $74, will be a bargain.
I did notice in the terms and conditions that they have the right to cancel the order if they posted the price incorrectly. Got nothing to loose, so I'm hopefull, meybe they got a wharehouse full of 'em and need to make space - LOL;)

bchur83 said:
I got in before it changed. We will see if they honor it.

let us know how this turns out. if it works you guys just got the "Best bang for you Buck" deal big time :beer:

Darn...I thought it was too good to be true, just checked my order status and my order was cancelled by the company, although I did not expect this to go thru I'm kinda pi***d off.:-/

Last edited:
bchur83 said:
I got a cancellation email saying that they are out of stock and will need to cancel the order. It says nowhere about a pricing error. Thats BS.

That's exactly what I expected to happen. Lame. And look... they're probably magically in stock right now!

This was the email I got cancelling the order
Thank you for visiting chiefpick.com. Unfortunately we currently sold out on the item that you ordered. Therefore we have to cancel your order. We apologize for any inconvenient. The following is the confirmation of the cancelled order: {insert order info}

I was billed the correct amount on my CC. I didn't expect it to go through at all as my previous post indicates, and I would have been fine if they'd just said 'we made a pricing error, sorry.' But the 'out of stock' bs irritates me, just be honest about it you know?

Back