• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dBenchmark 2K1 & my new Visiontek GF3 Ti500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Troy2K

Registered
Just bought the Visiontek Xtasy 6964 GF3 Ti500, and oh man is it awesome! My benchmark score went from 3017 to 8223!

http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2113602

Long Live Nvidia!!!

Now if I could only get my temps about 10C lower :)

Also have 1 other small problem maybe someone can help with:

I have seen many people in here with the same setup as me, and they seem to be able to get thier FSB a hell of a lot higher than I can. As a matter of fact, If my FSB is 134 or higher, it becomes unstable. 3D Benchmark2k1, and Half-Life will crash.... I have changed Motherboards 4 times! 3 different motherboards, and two were the same (Epox8K7A+) I have changed from PC2100 RAM to PC2400 RAM, and I have even changed CPU's from the Athlon1200 to the AthlonXP 1800+. It never mattered what motherboard, RAM or CPU I had in there, I could NEVER get the FSB over 133 stable. I have swapped out everything excpet HDD now. That is coming soon. Can HDD hold back FSB? It's the only thing left I haven't replaced yet!

Last edited:
el said:
WOW adn you haven't even overclocked the fsb or card yet?

Yes I have the card overclocked a little bit: 260/550
If I go any higher than 260, 3D2K1 freezes up. I really wish I could get the FSB to at least 150, thats all I want and I'll be happy, but I can't get it over 133 and be stable at all :(

Back