• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A 30" Monitors Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Am looking to upgrade in the next few months and a 30" monitor will be part of the new setup.

To that end....I thought it'd be cool to have a thread that covers all the 30" monitors including links to reviews, manufacturers websites, forums posts, etc where people can also add their thoughts and experiences.

The main objective is to serve as a decent resource for folks looking to move to one of these larger displays.

Here are the ones that I know of:

DELL 3007WFP: Review1 Review 2
There was a backlight problem with the AO0 revision that appears to have been fixed with AO1 (article here)
There's also a banding issue that wasn't fixed until revision AO2 (can someone confirm this?)...will post link when I find the source. Also has some gradient issues (link to follow when found)
Bobtod's trials and tribulations with dead pixels are here.

DELL 3007WFP-HC: Review 1

Hewlett Packard HP LP3065: [H]ardForumThread

Samsung SynchMaster305T: Press Release User Manual Review 1

Apple Cinema HD: Review 1

Last edited:
funsoul said:
Am looking to upgrade in the next few months and a 30" monitor will be part of the new setup.

To that end....I thought it'd be cool to have a thread that covers all the 30" monitors including links to reviews, manufacturers websites, forums posts, etc where people can also add their thoughts and experiences.

The main objective is to serve as a decent resource for folks looking to move to one of these larger displays.

Here are the ones that I know of:

DELL 3007WFP: Review1 Review 2

DELL 3007WFP-HC: Review 1

Hewlett Packard HP LP3065: [H]ardForumThread

Samsung SynchMaster305T: Press Release User Manual Review 1

Apple Cinema HD: Review 1

You better have a really good system to push that much pixels on a 30". Unless you're just using desktop mode, games are going to stutter quite a bit if you don't have a really good graphics and cpu setup.

OOOOH hp makes a 30" thats nice to know. they usually use pretty nice panels in their products. i baught my F2105 on impulse when it was onsale and i have loved it ever since. also, $1600 for a 30" is a pretty good deal.

Valk said:
OOOOH hp makes a 30" thats nice to know. they usually use pretty nice panels in their products. i baught my F2105 on impulse when it was onsale and i have loved it ever since. also, $1600 for a 30" is a pretty good deal.

Not really, especially when you can get the Dell for 1200-1300. But yeah considering that 30's are the ultimate HDTV, it is a very good buy.

Back