• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much will these BEASTS be able to put out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeasonalEclipse

Okay, I have several P2 processors laying around, and sicne they are too old to fold I looked into seti.. they meet the BARE requirements.. so How much out put will these things have WU wise? In the end I hope to have perhaps up to 10 systems going, all using windows 98 and all having 64-96 MBs of ram.

haha the yare quite slow :) like if you have 10 of then at 350mhz then its better to have a 3ghz pd

If they're too slow for seti, check out some of the projects in the alt.dc room. Seventeen or bust does well on slower rigs, I have a 550mhz amd of some sort crunching that. IIRC tanpaku and ufluids do okay on slower systems.

If I remember correctly back in the days before Seti_enhanced it took my P2 Celery 466@525Mhz with MMX optimized client around 10hours for a WU.
Today it would be probably around 30hours.

Back