• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most Stable Board that You have ever come cross

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Though I am using a kt7a at this time (oc speed) the Epox 8k7a I was using was very stable as well.

Gigabyte GA7 DXR it also has adjustments for increasing voltage to AGP and memory, to get that extra little bit more

Although you (edmund) might not believe, is that the most stable board that I've came across is my old PC Chip M810LM.
It don't let you oc even in CPUFSB (the program).

But ofcourse, I think it's a crappy board so I sold it. (I sold it already, to a business guy)

HK$550 for my duron 750 + winbond 128mb RAM + pcchips mobo is good price or not?

I think it's good since I used that money plus some of my savings and got myself an athlon xp 1600+ and oc'ed it to 1743Mhz!!!

I can't say which is the most stable, but my Shuttle AK31 Rev 2 has been completely stable for over 4 months. First I ran a 1.4 GHz Athlon at 1618 MHz for 3 months rock stable. Then I did the good Doctor's 30-minute voltage mod and upped to 160 MHz. Now I'm running an XP 1800+ at 1772 MHz. In the entire period I've had no crashes during normal operation, only during overclocking experiments. I've got mixed IDE and SCSI stuff in the box with no problems. The FSB is currently at 154 MHz with the Crucial DDR running set at CAS2.

MSI - K7T266Pro2
Most stable board I've seen in a long while. I was fairly impressed with it after having so many RMA's of their K7T Turbo LE. At first glance I thought to myself "Oh God, not another one of these 'looks pretty, performs like s**t motherboards' ". To my surprize, ran for days non stop, no probs, only thing that didn't get detected by XP was the IDE Raid. Really nice board.

The MSI kt266Pro2 is a stable board as long as you don't OC. Very few, if any, have successfully OCed this mobo with an Athlon XP without setting to basic configuration and upping the fsb. I've been able to set everything to high performance, but maxed out at 137 before running into instabilities. With 14 kinds of memory from 6 vendors, 2 Enermax PSU, and a host of other hardware, this mobo hates the Athlon XP in terms of OCing. It does stabilize at max voltage, but since when should you have to up the voltage under 140? Great board if you aren't into OCing.

I must say it was my ka266r board that was most stable for me:)

very easy to overclock and rock stable with everything on its fastest settings

I'm going for a long shot! I know some members haven't had to much luck with the ECS K7S5A, but I never had one problem the entire time it was up. I still have it in the closet, ready for my next system!

Ihave had 2 Socket A boards and both have been extreemly stable, even o/c'd. The first was an Iwill KK266 and now I have the MSI k7T266 Pro2. Both boards ran the same Athlon 1.33 at 1575 (10.5x150). The KK266 did it with the pc166 at cas2 and the fastes bios settings. Just got the MSI and haven't played with memory tweaking much, yet. Still at cas 2.5 but took some of the settings up a notch, with no problems.

87ka+ let me get my duron to 1000mhz and before I couldn't even post this horrible chip on my kk266 at that speed. A great board that is stable even with a hard *** chip like the duron 750.

It depends on what CPU you use. The XP cpus seem to be very touchy. If I were you, I'd opt for a 1.4. Otherwise, you'll be spending the remainder of the year trying to figure out what card works best in which slot and is my memory bad?

I just got a $350 bonus for completing a huge project ahead of schedule so I'm getting another mobo and a 1.4 TB. I am very interested in knowing if it really is the XP cpu.

Don't laugh but I'd have to say my Aopen AK73 Pro. I can increase the F.S.B., the multiplier, the V-Core, and change the voltage to my memory as well.

i like my MSI K7T-266 Pro-R, ive never had problems with the actual board.....it works great, now all i need is a new modem, a new video card, new power supply, and 512 mb of 2100 crucial ram

Dead Stable? Does seem to be a play on words. Love my 1.4 and do not see the reason to upgrade at this time. I believe that I can play with the "big boys" with this chip and if I can figure out the heat problems then the xp when I get it will be that much better. As for boards, seems like a good selection listed by the prior respondents.:)

Back