• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just unlocked XP 1800 the Simple way.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
Well I received my silver conductive grease and just unlocked my 1800. I have it running at 138x12.5. I can not set the FSB any higher or I get errors! Anyway by filling the slits with silicone grease and then using a needle to connect the bridges with the silver conductive grease took less than 5 minutes. And you can just wipe the stuff off if you want. I used the technique they showed at http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/AMD/AthlonXPUnlock/ Using defogger kits is a nightmare. I put a piece of scotch tape over the completed bridges and she is running good. Now to unlock my 1900...

nice

Thats sounds pretty easy compared to some other methods ive read about...I should recieve my XP 1900+ today...though im still looking for the easiest and most practical way to unlock it with out causing any damage...

I just did my 1900 with the same technique, beautiful! 2 unlocked XP's! The only strange thing is I can't get the multiplier any higher than 12.5. When I go to 13 it is at 12.5. I can go to 10, 11 and so on but no higher than 12.5. Is this a mobo issue? When I go higher than 13 it defaults to 12 on the 1900 and 11.5 on the 1800.

Back