• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! new PSU unit, but which 1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zishaan

Registered
Hi, im looking for a new PSU for my new upgraded pc, ive upgraded to intel core 2 duo e6300 and hav a ECS P4M800-PRO motherboard with it, ive figured out the motherboards crap so im gona sell it and get a good one for oc'ing but i need a new PSU for the system and there seems to be so many round, and after doing a bit of research i have realised how important it is to have a good quality one else you can blow everythin. so instead of going for one in the 20 pounds range ive increased the budget to 50 and if some product is REALY REALY goood then 60, could you guys please suggest me a good one in that price.

First off i'd recommend telling us all your system specifications. This way we can make a better judgment call as to what is appropriate.

As for good PSU's, the Silverstone Zeus's, PCP&C, Seasonic and Zippy are some of the top notch PSU's.

mines a intel core 2 duo 1.83ghz CPU. motherboard is the one i mentioned (ECS P4M800-PRO). im looking for around 500W of power, to run my two IDE hard drives and 4 usb connections along with a video card which i am looking to buy soon which will probably be the Nvidia Personal Cinema FX5600 128MB AGP Graphics card. i have 1 512mb ram slotted in. looking to get anotehr 512 soon. and the usual floppy drive and 1 dvd drive.

remember budget is 50 and for good value £60 £65 thanks

Well given your system specs i'd be inclined to think that this would be ok: Seasonic S12 430W.

I'm not to up to snuff on PSU's though, but I think that would be fine. Maybe someone else will chime in for you.

no thats fine phantasm mate that was fine. i was jus talking about the one greenmaji recommended.

sorry bout the confusion

Back