• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the BioStar GeForce 6100 M-9 micro-atx overclockable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Loggitt

Registered
Is the BioStar GeForce 6100 M-9 micro-atx overclockable? Anyone having/had any luck with this board overclocking a X2 Athlon 64? Thanks in advance! :beer:

i have the biostar geforce Tforce6100 and it works well..has decent overclocking options...and overclocked well to on the 3000+ venice i had in it. took the ram and fsb all the way up to 290 (had to lower multi though for cpu's sake).

I also have a tForce 6100-939, but it seems to me that I've seen your exact question regarding the 6100-M9 posed more than a few times before and there always seems to be a shortage of replies... so I'm going to say no.

I have the board. I really haven't tried. Maybe I should give it a little bump tonight and get back to ya!

I only posted a question on this motherboard once, right here. :confused: I bought a FoxConn WinFast 6150K8MA instead. I only found one overclockable Micro-ATX board that didn't have onboard video (it was an nForce 4 SLI) and it didn't overclock well according to the reviews. I have a couple more things to get before I rebuild. I'm going to use an X2 3800+ 939 cpu and try for a steady 2.5ghz with the Reserator.

I have one and its awsome! I got my 3200 claw hammer upt o 2.3 Ghz (They dont run too high oced anyway.) Only issue I have is the lack of a ram OC, it runs my PC3200 on a mass divider (even at stock) But yeah.. its a decent board! just dont try running a TV tuner, sound card, and a video card on the expansion slots at once (Limited IRQs, when I installed my TV tuenr my sound didnt work.. had to switch to intergrated.) But yeah.. its.. decennnttt xD

SeasonalEclipse said:
I have one and its awsome! I got my 3200 claw hammer upt o 2.3 Ghz (They dont run too high oced anyway.) Only issue I have is the lack of a ram OC, it runs my PC3200 on a mass divider (even at stock) But yeah.. its a decent board! just dont try running a TV tuner, sound card, and a video card on the expansion slots at once (Limited IRQs, when I installed my TV tuenr my sound didnt work.. had to switch to intergrated.) But yeah.. its.. decennnttt xD

Yeah just had an issue with that not more than 5 minutes ago. Time for a better board. I hate IRQ issues.

Loggitt said:
Is the BioStar GeForce 6100 M-9 micro-atx overclockable? Anyone having/had any luck with this board overclocking a X2 Athlon 64? Thanks in advance! :beer:

I've got both the GeForce 6100 and the TForce 6100 (both for S939). The GeForce is overclockable, but the ceiling is very very low because of the limited range of VCore adjustments available. If memory serves me correctly (I can't check the BIOS right now because that rig is in pieces at the moment -- I'm doing some parts swapping and testing), you can only raise the VCore a maximum of maybe .25V above the default/stock setting. Not very useful for high overclocks. Granted, I'm running a dog of an Opteron 170 (CCBWE 0534SPMW, possibly the WORST stepping available) on it, and the best stable overclock I got out of it was 2.20GHz (marginal stability, at best). But, for sure the lack of overvoltage options is a bit of a problem.

Perhaps I should pull one of my better Opterons and see how far it can go on near-stock voltage.

I haven't tried the TForce 6100 (I'm still putting parts together for that one), but it's reputedly one of the absolute best overclocking mATX S939 boards available. I've read the manual, and it's quite extensive. It's got plenty of tweakable features and adjustments built-in.

Hope that helps!

Back