• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reseating tips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nvidiaOCmaster

Well, title describes, I need to know what precautions to use when reseating ATI cards. Can I use AS5 or ceramique on the ram chips(if so, which one?) Should I use ceramique or AS5 on the core? Should I be worried about over tightening the mount?

Thanks in advanced guys :beer:

I really wish someone would have replyed... Now i cant use my damn video card until I get money for a new cooler.

I took the thermal pads that go on the RAM off and now the cooler dosen't make contact to the ram chips.

Is there anything I can do? Reusing the pads is a no go, they are in the trash can.

Would it be safe to run the RAM @ stock with no cooler?

(cant edit, on an old P3 system and when I click edit the browser hangs)

Do they even make stuff that thick??

I got the thermal tape back, its in a ball, but would it be safe to reuse if I made it flat agian and re applied?

Yeah, we have some of it at work if i'm not mistaken. If you're in a real pinch, I could borrow a little on your behalf. I don't know where we get it though, I don't work at a computer place or anything. Alot of times you can find this stuff if you look at industrial suppliers like McMaster or something.

Do you guys think it would be safe to reuse the old stuff? I balled it up and threw it in the trash, but I put it in a bag before I threw it in the trash, so its just got a little tiny but of dirt on it. Would it work until I get some new?

Back