• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking X1900XT - Help Needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJCrunkMix

Hi guys,

I am a total n00b when it comes to OCing. Trying to OC X1900XT using ATI Tool and madshrimps guide and I can't even get up to XTX speeds! Am I doing something wrong?

I got upto 661.5/765 on core/mem clocks using the stock fan (100%). If I go any further, my computer hangs up or i see a bunch of artifacts (if I increase the mem clocks). I am not sure which voltages I am suppose to change. Any suggestions? My 3DMark05 score is 8737 with 4AA/16AF on 1024x768 res when not OCed

I'd appreciate any comments/suggestions.

Thanks!

temperatures/3d volts

my temperatures are between 70-80 C when overclocking. How do I set my 3d-volts? I think I have default voltages as 1.425/2.086/2.086/1.486 volts for VGPU/MVDDC/MVDDQ/VDDCI respectively. Do you have any recommendations for voltages?

at those temps you shouldnt fiddle enymore with it..
first you should get yourself a new cooler.. ZALMAN Fatal1ty FC-ZV9 works wonders.
and secund im guissing you dont have a top notch cpu. and thats what probaly bottlenecks your card.

I've got the HIS ICEQ3 X1900XT and I just started playing around with ATI Tool. I haven't reseated the heatsing yet but I did pick up two Antec Vcools. I got two because they have a short extension and two extensions line the fan up almost directly under the intake on the 1900. I also slid it in the bottom two (yes, it takes two) slots so it wouldn't create too much turbulence between the two fans and also so it wouldn't suck in the hot air coming out the back of the 1900.

Just from a very short session of messing with it I got my card to 681/801 at 66C. No artifacts detected after a 30 minute run with the ATI Tool artifact scan.

You might consider the Vcool option for your temps. It should shave a few degrees off them, I think?

Back