• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dropped my 8800gtx temp by a ton...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It sits in the pci slot below the vcard..
It might be hard to see in this shot..

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,743
Lowered my temps by 12degrees on the same cs:s game..
The one on the left is without.. The one on the right, with.

Attachments

• vfan2.jpg
    vfan2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,852
They both blow into the vcard. The 40x25 blows directly into the fan. The 40x15 into the vent holes at the end of the card.

Nice, you should totally design one with high quality parts like Plexi and sell it. I'd buy one.

Still can't figure out why they put the slots in the housing at the rear of the card. We want that hot air out!!!

Nice mod |

lmfao love it! Exact same thing that is under my 7950... I got a $7 4500 RPM VGA cooler with a fan speed... added 1 more 50mm fans that came from my old computers laying around and screwed them onto the long azz metal rack and works well.. (looking for another old 50mm cpu fan to add onto it) decreased the temps about -6*C

imgp0136wx5.jpg

imgp0137we4.jpg

Last edited:
that is not ghetto that is a million dollar idea .. Only takes one.. right next to slice bread and bottle beer ..

El<(')>Maxi said:
Still can't figure out why they put the slots in the housing at the rear of the card. We want that hot air out!!!

Nice mod |

thought id read somewhere that they did that to make the fan sound quieter. if i remember correctly was something to do with the diffrence in pressure or something like that.

sorry for the revival here...

Back