• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$500-$600 budget, ideas on a gaming/office monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froz

I've been using my ViewSonic PF790 for years and years now and it's still great but I feel like I need to make the switch to an LCD finally. I'd like something big and perhaps widescreen as well, but want great quality. I had originally budgetted about 500 to 600 but am willing to wiggle. A monitor usually outlasts a few video cards so seems normal to spend more than what an 8800gts 640mb (what i'll be getting) costs.

Thanks for the ideas.
Froz

I'd have to suggest waiting for a good deal on a Dell 2407 as your best option close to that price range. Will do a good job at both office and gaming use.

You can find the Dell 2407 FPW (excellent monitor, Huge) for 600-700$ if you find/buy a coupon from ebay or elsewhere. It has a native resolution of 1920x1200 which would probably be perfect for your 8800GTS as far as games go.

Gateway has a similar offering....

Back