• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TEC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Catacomb

Registered
Got An Idea Of Connecting A 84Watt TEC To My Rad Toward The Return Barb. With A WaterBlock Cooling It.... Thoughts?

Attachments

• Idea.JPG
    Idea.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 125
something about that looks counterproductive. maybe you could put another radiator between the TEC and the res

Pump -> Rad "This Out Let Is Cooled By The TEC" -> Cpu -> TEC Water Block -> Res -> Pump

Attachments

• Tec-OEM.JPG
    Tec-OEM.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 122
I dont think you will see much of an improvement because the heat that is removed from the water will simply be returned back to the water on the other side of the TEC. You might see a slight improvement but I dont think it would be much. Something you may want to consider is somehow attaching another cooling device other than a waterblock so that you are not returning the heat back to the water. Maybe a good heatsink and fan.

Well Im Attempting To Lower The Water In The Rad To Or Below Room Temp. Im Thinking Of Changing The Current Fans (72CFM) To 80+ CFM's

Catacomb you have the wrong idea about that picture, thats a coolit cpu cooler and the tec is chilling the water and that black thing is a big heatsink cooled by a 92mm fan, i have that models big brother and it works great for cooling the cpu to sub ambiant temps. but it wont deal with heavy overclocking to well had my e6600 to 3.5 at 1.35 volts and at load it would hit 50c on both cores

That setup will actually cause higher temps. You need a separate water cooling setup or a large heatsink to cool the TEC.

A TEC just moves heat from the cold side to the hot side. It also uses energy which turns into more heat on the hot side. By using the same water cooling system to cool the hot side, you're actually putting in more heat than you're removing.

Im Going To Build A Custom Res Out Of Stainless Steal And Use 4 80Watt Tec's Cooled By A Large Heatsink And 120mm Fan. That Should Be Fun :)

If you search around you will find a Swiftech product that does that. It had two TECs on a radiator and cost about 300US if I recall right. It wasn't worth the trouble to say the least.

Back