• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

biocide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ecthellion

i cant seem to find any pt nuke. what biocides are people using nowadays? my cpu waterblock is a pure copper heatkillver iv and i have a heatkiller waterblock for my gpu that is nickel plated. my rads internals are copper and the fittings i have are nickel plated as well. looking for a good biocide to use. any thoughts would be greatly apreciated. thanks!

I still have PT-Nuke but haven't used it in a while. In the past I've used the Primochill biocide and has worked great. Currently using a silver slug from Monsoon.

I still have PT-Nuke but haven't used it in a while. In the past I've used the Primochill biocide and has worked great. Currently using a silver slug from Monsoon.
thanks, i will look into getting these. is the primochill for mixed metals/plated metals? also i dont use any sort of colored coolant, im only using distilled water atm.

I've been using primochill's biocide with zero issues. The biocides now are formulated for different metals, so you're safe there. Yeah, I don't use colored fluids as I had a bad mishap with Mayhems fluid. In less than 6 months it jelled up and clogged everything up. I almost fried my pump and took quite a while to clean everything out.

Now I only use distilled water with a biocide and I have colored tubing for the color I want. I flush and clean out my loop once a year.

You want something benzalkonium based, not copper sulfate. While PT Nuke made both, the classic Blue Biocide was copper based and will tarnish your nickel plated blocks.

Back