• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8900 series details listed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Makes me glad I didn't bite on the 8800GTX when I wanted to. I'm not sure if I could bring myself to spend 600 bucks on a video card, though. The 8900gs should be a nice bargain though for those looking to go the inexpensive route.

Word. I may just hold off on a new mobo and wait until I can overhaul my system. 8900GS +E6600 is sounding reall good right now...

Wow ... that GS will be nice performance at that price point. I'm definitely gonna hold off a bit and see how overclocks are looking across the various cards and brands.

GS pricing almost sounds too good to be true. And amoung the listed cards, there is too huge of a price gap between the GS and GT. Either they are going to fill in with another card to go between or the GS price is going to be a little higher.
Just my guess
--pak

no one really knows if this info is correct. The website that is the source for this released basically the same roadmap for the r600 the same day. Also the 8600 info is incorrect which doesnt bode well for the rest of the chart that we have no concrete details on now. Also that chart doesnt show the 8500GT

true but if you are needing a good high end budget card, the 320mb 8800GTS was a fantastic move by Nvidia. I got my EVGA Superclocked 8800 GTS for 299$. IMO those prices on the GTS and even GT are way to high compared to the 8800GTS 320MB card.

April 17th for the 8600 series which is all that we have hard info on. Also the 8300 should hit late April.

edit: also the latest nVidia drivers have info for a 8800ultra. The last time this happened drivers listed 7800ultra which became the 7800gtx 512mb. The lastest quatro has 1.5gb so if nVidia decided to make a new high end g80 card we can see any combination of 1.5gb, gddr4, and/or superclocked core.

Last edited:
BossBorot said:
April 17th for the 8600 series
This will probably be determined when AMD/ATI launches R600. Till then Nvidia does not have to. There 8800 line is currently un-contested. I am sure they are prepping now and getting ready to manufacture based on the 80nm parts. It seems the cores are un-changed and its really just a die shrink with GDDR4 ram being used.

I really just want the die shrink, lol
But I was thinking about buying an EVGA 8800gts and using the stepup program, but I dunno if the 8900s will be around in 90 days or not.

custom90gt said:
I really just want the die shrink, lol
But I was thinking about buying an EVGA 8800gts and using the stepup program, but I dunno if the 8900s will be around in 90 days or not.
its close, but IMO it will not be worth the cost if the articles prices are correct. The GTS is the perfect balance between speed, heat and power consumption. The current heatsink on the 8800's is definitely good, it just needs the fan speed turned up a bit. Nvidia put it way to low IMO.

OMG thanks for posting this

i was going to build my dx 10 set up soon and good thing i saw this now i can get either a 8800gtx very cheap or get a 8900 gx2 :D which ill probably do :)

I've learnt to not trust a word that comes from theinquirer.net

I'm hoping to get something like a high end 8600, or a 8900GS.

If Nvidia ever sorts out its quad chip driver this means Quad G80 could be on the horizon - or however they later call this product. Yeah, graphics chips these days are big, hot and crazy

what does this mead quad driver??

Back