• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Check this out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kylebussen

So on a previous post I had talked about my poor little thermaltake pump going to the crapper.:eek: Unfortunately for me I am not made of money nor do I have the patience to wait for something to come in the mail. So I did a little bit of a homemade combination. McGyver would be proud. Here is the setup ( pics will be posted tomorrow.):

1X 150gph submersible fountain pump at Lowes = $18.00
1X 1ft of 1/2" id tubing = $.23
1X Plastic reusable tupperware bowl (with top) = $3.00 (it was a set of four)
1X 1/2" to 3/8" reducer = $.18

Grand total = $21.41 (Cha-Ching!)

Now before all of you haters start talking smack about how retarded all of this is, I want you to understand two things. (1. I like building stuff (2. This is only temporary.

My current temps with my pump/reservoir:
Idle = 22c
Full load using prime 95 = 36c

Not too bad for a jerry rigged system.
Til tomorrow with pics..........

Not too bad at all! Any difference in temps from before.

What were the tupperware things for?

jcw122 said:
Not too bad at all! Any difference in temps from before.

What were the tupperware things for?

id assume the "tupperware things" at least one of them is for submerging the pump in water

Hey if i had a water cooling rig (which i never will because of stuff like this - not baggin on water cooling just dont have the need for it plus the whole water and electronics...) if i had a wc rig i would not want it to be down the week while i wait for a pump... nice job on the jerry riggin... NOW WE NEED PICS.... *goes to find that lil smilie pic that says "this thread is useless without pics"

nd4spdbh2 said:
id assume the "tupperware things" at least one of them is for submerging the pump in water

Hey if i had a water cooling rig (which i never will because of stuff like this - not baggin on water cooling just dont have the need for it plus the whole water and electronics...) if i had a wc rig i would not want it to be down the week while i wait for a pump... nice job on the jerry riggin... NOW WE NEED PICS.... *goes to find that lil smilie pic that says "this thread is useless without pics"
Who says you have to waite a week ? you can always buy local and skip shipping .

Well I called all local computer shops and none carried water cooling accessories. They could order for me but I could just do that myself.

kylebussen said:
Now before all of you haters start talking smack about how retarded all of this is

Nothing retarded about it personally. I lack in the creativity dept. so reading about how others made a DIY besides from the typical Laing/swifty/DD etc setups is always interesting to me.

happy.gif

reminds me of when i first wanted to water cool, about 8 years ago when commercial products were almost non-existant. good work nontheless.

Back