• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bustin' out a Q6600 in a small cube clear acrylic case - assembly pictorial

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks great. So far a very good job in such a transparent case.

BTW, since you have so much acrylic, I would suggest picking up some Novus #1 plastic clean and shine. I use this as I have a lot of acrylic in my setup and this stuff really works. It shines and keeps the dust from clinging to the acrylic as much. I bought it and wondered if it was good or not, but it really does work well.

The Novus #2 works well on minor scratches also.

BTW, since you have so much acrylic, I would suggest picking up some Novus #1 plastic clean and shine.

The Novus #2 works well on minor scratches also.
Thanks for the tip. I was wondering what would work well to keep it clean. Where can I pick up that stuff?

Nice setup, now go for 4GHZ!
Hehe, I just passed 9x400 stable (3.6GHz) and my cores are all in the range 46-49c. I have yet to see a delta of more than 3 degrees between any 2 cores at load.

To get to 3.6GHz, my BIOS CPU voltage is 1.5625, but if I'm understanding correctly, the voltage that matters is the one being reported by CPUz under load, and that voltage is still only 1.360V, so that means I still have 0.140V to play with to get to 4.0GHz, right?

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering what would work well to keep it clean. Where can I pick up that stuff?

I googled it and the #1 ranking is the best price I can find.

http://www.delviesplastics.com/waxes_cleaners_novus.htm

I bought some off of Ebay when I had some acrylic laser cut a while back.

To get to 3.6GHz, my BIOS CPU voltage is 1.5625, but if I'm understanding correctly, the voltage that matters is the one being reported by CPUz under load, and that voltage is still only 1.360V, so that means I still have 0.140V to play with to get to 4.0GHz, right?

Although not new at watercooling, I finally decided to get off my butt and put all of this expensive cooling to work and figure out how to overclock. So I would like to know the same thing as I just worked on figuring out the max my RAM will do today at 2.1v (996mhz-not bad). Now I also want to see if I can get my 6400 to 4ghz.

Thanks for the link voigts! I ordered up a bottle of each.

Still a little concerned about the voltage thing. CPUz is reporting 1.508 or something like that at idle and then drops to 1.360 under load. I believe Intel rates the Q6600 for 1.5V max, but I understand it will take up to 1.6V before permanent damage would take place.

A couple of "night pics":

q6600water7.jpg

q6600water8.jpg

Rather than repeat all this crap, check out this sticky, that should help you guys out.

Depending on which version of CPUz you ar eusing it may be reporting too low. My E6400 is taking 1.52v to hit 3.6 stable as reported in CPUz.

Last edited:
Rather than repeat all this crap, check out this sticky, that should help you guys out.

Depending on which version of CPUz you ar eusing it may be reporting too low. My E6400 is taking 1.52v to hit 3.6 stable as reported in CPUz.

I don't see the voltage question about the difference between BIOS voltage and CPU-Z and hence what limit to go by mentioned.

I don't see the voltage question about the difference between BIOS voltage and CPU-Z and hence what limit to go by mentioned.

There was a parapgraph in there about the different versiosn of CPU reporting the Vcor too low. And also the VDrop on mothe rboards.

To sum up, CPUz versions less than 1.41 is probably reporting too low of voltage. If yo uhave 1.41 then it should be accurate. Under high load you will get a Vdrop in your voltage, so what you want to look at is your voltage with load, and without load. See what your Vdrop is.

Back