• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM2 4000+ windsor.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson

This CPU OC's so good nothing has ever done for me what this one has (that is hit ) 3.0GHz on cheep O value ram !
Have to say this is a long time in the making I have even had Opterons and not one has ever hit this mark . soon to get some Gskill 1000GHz RAM this should enable me too hit an even higher OC I have had it to 3.10 with no problem so far the RAM is some what limited and not at all that good for OC'ing so this new stuff should let me get (I hope) some where in the 3.5-3.7GHz range ! :drool: :drool: :drool:

AlabamaCajun said:
Saweet.
Where on earth (or mars) did you find a 4000 Windsor :confused:
Sounds like a Brisbane! Good Luck going for 3.1+
I had a friend on mars that sold it to me ..
newspscorevs8.jpg

primw959hoursif1.jpg

30ghzbd7.jpg

OH it is a Windsor and I can get 3.10GHz now just the RAM holding it back from getting higher up . I believe that it will do 3.5GHz with this cooling I have .
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2353734&Tab=1&NoMapp=0
And the RAM I am getting this week !
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231077

WOW this setup is really going to rock the house ..
Now if I could only find a good video card for around 250 bucks!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU BASTAR*!!! (Sorry) I almost got that CPU and they send me a 4200+ cause I didn't have the right address on my credit card info, in the mean time ppl like you go their 4000+. I got owned by a week. In fact I ordered that CPU and I got 4200+ :mad: ....:cry:

Douken said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YOU BASTAR*!!! (Sorry) I almost got that CPU and they send me a 4200+ cause I didn't have the right address on my credit card info, in the mean time ppl like you go their 4000+. I got owned by a week. In fact I ordered that CPU and I got 4200+ :mad: ....:cry:
LMAF!!!

He who hesitates................................. master.......... well that must just suck wind man! :mad:
I got this from a frien of mine he really needed my Opteron 170 and all that stuff for a server and I really wanted an AM2 setup so we traded and wow is all I have been able to come up with since . now I am just fine tuning all the stuff in it to get the most out of it . LOL :drool: :drool: :drool: :beer: :beer:

WOW :welcome: to the forums!

On a side note, my T<--(had to punch i like 20 imes o ge it...lol?) key on my keyboard got OWN3D...

PizzaFTW said:
I'd personally go for this video card instead of that 7950GT:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130082

Not sure if your case has room for it, or your budget for that matter.

On a side note, this is my first post here. Cool beans.
Yeah that would be my first choice but I think that is pushing my limit on cash !
But defiantly a good pick and one I will consider too!

LOL you can wait for 8600GT or GTS whatever it is or same for ATi X2600XT whatever they should be at a nice price and you get DX10

Douken said:
LOL you can wait for 8600GT or GTS whatever it is or same for ATi X2600XT whatever they should be at a nice price and you get DX10
But windows XP doesn't support DX10 and it would be at least 2 more years before I even think of getting Vista . so really waiting wouldn't really hurt me but it wouldn't really help me ether .

2 Years? While I'm holding off for a little while (actually I'm waiting for midranged DX10 cards and a DX10 game to play) I'd say that 2 years sounds a bit long to wait :D. In either case, I'd still go for the DX10 card in case you change your mind and also because I believe that they also do well in DX9.

Moto7451 said:
2 Years? While I'm holding off for a little while (actually I'm waiting for midranged DX10 cards and a DX10 game to play) I'd say that 2 years sounds a bit long to wait :D. In either case, I'd still go for the DX10 card in case you change your mind and also because I believe that they also do well in DX9.
Well yeah wy not 2 or even 3 more years ? XP is still a great OS and from what I have been hearing about vista it is just not the rout I want to go at this time . and unless I know for sure that DX10 cards are compatible with the DX9 system then I do not want to risk it .
How long of a wait are we talking any way ? what will be the price range of the new line of cards ?

Owned! 4000 is the 1M L2 cache.

While looking is saw more info on tracking AMDs site, Barcelona is Near!
Looking for the elusive 1266 Quadteron! I smell four cores with Direct Connect!

AlabamaCajun said:
Owned! 4000 is the 1M L2 cache.

While looking is saw more info on tracking AMDs site, Barcelona is Near!
Looking for the elusive 1266 Quadteron! I smell four cores with Direct Connect!
That is going to be my upgrade :clap:

AlabamaCajun said:
Bad news is only the Socket Fs are coming in June not as soon as I thought. I may have to build a 2-Socket F rig!

Do I hear 4x4? :D Think about the points an octo rig could pull off with SMP. :drool:

Well even if it is put out later I am still ready for the new line of CPU's ! :beer:

Back