• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Opteron 165 and Epox 9npa3+ ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

basil_555

Hello,

I recently bought Opteron 165 and I'm trying to overclock it with my Epox 9npa3+ ultra, but no matter what settings I use in BIOS, I can't overlcock it at all! As far as I know, my CPU has one of the best steppings (CCBBE 0617FPMW) for overclocking, and I have the latest BIOS for my motherboard. I'm using 3Gb SEC DDR400 memory and my PSU is FSP 700W Epsilon. I tried lowering the HTT to 3, lowering the memory dividers, increasing voltages and raising the FSB, but it all results in cold reboots when windows starts up. The worst thing, is that after each unsuccessfull attempt, the computer refuses to work properly even if I return CPU and FSB to their default values, and I have to clear the CMOS each time! I desperately need your help. What I may be doing wrong?

Thank you!

Back