• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with memory settings after CPU change

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

i6pwr

I went from a 5600X to 5950X and it seems my memory is set at 1066.

I'm using 4x8GB Trident Z 3600 on an Aorus master X570. XMP profile was set but just want to ask before I start changing BIOS settings. I didn't change anything after the CPU swap.

mem1.jpg mem2.jpg

Looks like it doesn't boot at XMP settings or XMP is not enabled in BIOS. When you changed the CPU then almost for sure the motherboard used default settings. It should show it on the first screen after the CPU swap but it depends on the BIOS version and some other things. Simply enter BIOS, check if settings are correct, save them again and restart the PC.

Download standard CPU-Z version. You are using the one for really old hardware.

I just double checked the BIOS, and the XMP profile is loaded, shows 3600 in BIOS.

Sorry for the old version, here's another screenshot. Also, I assume this is single rank? I thought 4x8GB would be double rank but not a huge deal, I have plans for that later also if that's the case.

mem1a.jpg

mem2a.jpg

The SPD window shows info about a single module in a specific slot. So it's correct - 4 single-rank modules but perform like dual-rank.

The updated cpuz screenshots are running the sticks at 3600. Notice the memory tab says 1800?? That's 3600 ddr. ;)

The SPD window shows info about a single module in a specific slot. So it's correct - 4 single-rank modules but perform like dual-rank.
Ok, thanks.
The updated cpuz screenshots are running the sticks at 3600. Notice the memory tab says 1800?? That's 3600 ddr. ;)
I did see that, and was hyper-focused on the jedec.

All looks good, thanks!.

Now I need to mildly OC this CPU to 3.7-3.8 ish... :)

Back