• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you use the bleed screw on thermochill radiators?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyl33t

Hello, I have a thermochill PA120.3 rad mounted at the top of my case. I want to make sure that all the air is out of it and was wondering how would I use the bleed screw?

Do I just open it when the pump is running?

If I do will water spray out?

Thanks

here's a link to their faq, it says the bleed screw should be set up top, barbs to the bottom, elevate the res above the rad and open the bleed screw to remove any air, :)

If you have the rad top mounted, all you would use the bleed screw for is to open it up when initially filling your loop. It will allow the air to escape from the top and you can hence get more liquid in the loop and cycle your pump on and off less to fill. For bleeding air from the loop however once you pretty much have it filled, you would want to close the screw and let your t-line or res do the rest, otherwise you are going to have fluid spewing out of it as the screw is not at the top of the rad when it is top mounted.

i tried to bleed through the screw but ended up sucking more air into the loop use the t-line or res and tilt and turn the case in everythdirection, that your best bet. 95% or more of the air will surface that way.

Back