• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loop cleaning.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fireandice

Ok so im doing a new build soon and i figured why not clean out my year old loop.

my blocks no longer look like that brand new penny. kind of tarnished so to clean it could i just drain my loop. refill it with viniger and let it run for say 1-2 hours then drain the viniger and flush with about a gallion of distilled water?

After i get my look done "mainly to clean the rad." why i test my new hsf i got for free :) im gonna soak my blocks in viniger "with no o rings or tops"

After that my loop should be nice and cleen right?

if your already going to soak your parts in vineagar, i wouldn't run it through your loop, i've never liked the idea of having an acid inside my pump if i can help it.

Not sure i would put vinegar through a loop either. When I had to clean mine I just took the block top off and cleaned it out with a little distilled water and a toothbrush.

CGR said:
Not sure i would put vinegar through a loop either. When I had to clean mine I just took the block top off and cleaned it out with a little distilled water and a toothbrush.
They don't run the loop with vinegar in there :p. It is just for cleaning purposes.

Ketchup worked for me when the inside of my waterblock had black stains on it...no seriously, it works great. But I wouldn't recommend using ketchup on your radiator....:bday:

</sarcasm>

lol how do i clean my raid? i was just gonna run vinige in there but i guess i wont lol.

Let me just clarify what I said before. I just soak my blocks in vinegar, I don't actually run it through the loop. When I find it's time to clean it all out I just go ahead and replace the tubing.

fireandice - You could fill the rad with vinegar. It's the pump you need worry what you put through it.

fireandice said:
lol how do i clean my raid? i was just gonna run vinige in there but i guess i wont lol.
Nice...:p

inkfx said:
Let me just clarify what I said before. I just soak my blocks in vinegar, I don't actually run it through the loop. When I find it's time to clean it all out I just go ahead and replace the tubing.
We know, we just like being sarcastic...:bday:

how i cleaned my radiator is this.

1) fill rad with distilled
2) shook it about
3) drain, repeat a couple times

4) Fill with vinegar (just the stuff you buy from publix) and added salt
5) let sit 6 hours.
6) drain and QUICKLY rinse with LOTS of water. repeat.

7) fill with distilled water and drain once or twice more for good measures, done.

some people have had trouble with vineagar eating through the radiator and supposedly all new radiators are made with water soluable flux so plain distilled water sitting in there for 6 hours might work. if it looks white and unclear when you drain then that means it worked.

Back