• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDR or AAx8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mycobacteria

Is it true you can only have one or the other so there are 2 tests on 3D Mark 06 that I cant run IF I turn on the AAx8???

(I have a BFG 7950GT OC in SLI)

IF you can only have one OR the other what do you guys turun on HDR or the AAx8???

Is there a driver that allows me to do both HDR and AAx8 at the same time?
Considering im in SLI cant 1 GPU do the HDR and the other one do the AAx8?

Mycobacteria said:
Is it true you can only have one or the other so there are 2 tests on 3D Mark 06 that I cant run IF I turn on the AAx8???

It depends. With FP16 HDR, you cannot do HDR via hardware with the GeForce 6/7 cards, though it's possible with GeForce 8 and X1*** cards.

There's another HDR (don't know exact name), the one the Source engine uses. You can run any of the above cards with hardware MSAA at the same time.

IF you can only have one OR the other what do you guys turun on HDR or the AAx8???

Well, it's relative. If it's FP16 HDR (Oblivion, etc), I just leave HDR on, because it makes a big difference in the game experience. It'd be nice to have MSAA as well, but I run it @ a high resolution, so the jaggies are not so noticeable.

Is there a driver that allows me to do both HDR and AAx8 at the same time?

Not that I know, since it's a hardware problem, AFAIK. But, it's still possible to get HDR and no jaggies via software, when computer renders the game @ a very high resolution (higher than the display resolution), then resizes it to your display resolution. This gets rid of the jaggies, but it's quite inefficient, AFAIK.

Considering im in SLI cant 1 GPU do the HDR and the other one do the AAx8?

I'm pretty sure that's not possible :shrug:

dan

Last edited:
Back