• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low cost oc'able board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JackNSally

I'm looking for a board that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Just something that overclocks well. I don't need raid or sli/cf. Just looking for something that will overclock well with an x2 3600+.

The Biostar TForce 550 is a very good board. It's often offered in combos with that CPU. You could also order the DFI Infinity nF Ultra II-M2, which is an nForce4 board and costs $85-90 depending on where you purchase from. I recently ordered the DFI Infinity nF570-M2/G, which is $113.99 on Newegg right now. A member at DFI forums did a review of the SLi version of that board, which is $129.99 and was able to hit 3.2 GHz on his X2 5200+. His board hit 340 or so if I remember correctly.

Yes the Infinity M2 is an uber clocker. I'm also testing the ECS Matx boards but they take for prodding to perform like a high-end board.

Back