• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Discoloration of "pins" on c2d e6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lorax26

I recently swapped an msi975x platinum for a p5b deluxe and when I removed my e6600 from the MSI board I noticed that there was some discoloration on some of the pins, or whatever they are called now. Unfortunately I don't have a camera to get good enough pictures of the discoloration.

It appears as though a majority of the pins on one half of the processor have darkened compared to the rest of the pins. I then noticed a few days later that the same discoloration is shared exactly by the pins on my MSI board.

My chip seems to be performing fine but I'm wondering if I should be worried about it or not.

Has anyone experienced or seen something like this before?

I should have known that. :) I'm guessing that if it was tarnished to the point where it affected performance that I would more than likely have other problems as well.

Back