• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BayBus HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gandalf

I REALLY WANT ONE!!!!

What do you guyz think of them?
Are they worth it?

And where can I get some?

In "Cooling" I had the idea of a BayBus, but someone told that they were already made and people were using them.

Do you guyz have them?

Baybuses are fine, especially if you have a number of fans to control. To find out how to get or make them go here: . You can learn how to make your own.

i made my own well im in the process of making my own... it isn't reallt that hard to do and there use to be a website that had really good howto.... but i don't remeber it.... anyone know it? they had the fanbus and the cd rom cutting...

I made my own too. Works great, and well worth it. I wouldnt want to buy one, except that it would be neater. Half of the mod is in the modding though, so i would prefere to make my own. Check www.fanbus.com for info on making your own.

If you want to buy one pcmods.com sells them for $19.99 but it is a lot more fun to build your own. I liked the instructions and diagram at hitechmods.com it shows you how to make it so lights are yellow at 7V and blue at 12V indicating low and high speeds(or what ever colors you want). Another site that has good directions is virtual-hideout.net in there how-to section.

Good Luck

All you have to do to make a simple baybus is get one SPST per fan you want to control, an led and led holder per SPST, some black and red wire, some speaker terminals and a project box.

1. Attach terminals to project box
2. Solder a short red wire to each red terminal
3. Do the same with the black
4. Solder all of the same color together, black and red
5. Solder a long wire to each color, and lead it thru the side of the fanbus
6. Plug these wires into molex, red is 12V, black is Ground
7. Rip off molexes off fan if applicable
8. Take red wire of fan attach it to a terminal on the SPST
9. Attach some red wire to the other terminal of the SPST and plug into a red terminal on the baybus
10. Solder the positive LED leg with resistor onto the fans terminal on SPST (resistor = (source voltage - forward voltage) / current)
11. Solder the ground of the LED into the fans ground
12. Plug the fans ground into the fanbus
13. Repeat for each fan
14. Drill holes for leds and switches into faceplate
15. Attach SPSTs, tighten, attach led and led holder to faceplate
16. Velcro fanbus to inside of case out of the way if you prefer
17. Done! (If i didn't miss anything)

bought mine on pcmods..

i got mine on pcmods....but they have the exact same one on directron.com......directron.com has an additional picture as well..thats the only difference....
Oh and bye the way..I love it...I have 2 switches hooked up to two case fans, 1 hooked up to my neon blue strobe flashing out the front vent...and the last switch is reserved for my soon to be blue cathode light (after i get my window installed...)
Have fun with it....:D

Is there one that can control the voltage of 7 fans? (And maybe on / off as well but not nessecary) As I would like to be able to control it.

I don't mind buying one as it would cost not much more than making one!!

Knowing me (not the best at instructions) I would muck it up!

Yah, looks very complicated, all those wiring charts and drilling templates....I think buying one would be easier.

But it would be awesome to build a custom one! :)

no no, its actually very easy and i thought it looked way to hard until i got laid off and had nothing to do all day. belive me it is actually very easy...

Back