• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with new pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terminat.

Okay, I've just built my new comp - with a nice E6400 cpu, 2GB PC6400, and a Connect3d X1900 Pro :)

However I'm having problems with the motherboard, the Abit AB9 Pro :mad: Apart from an unstable bios, the main problem is that, apart from my floppy, everything else is on SATA connectors (I used an IDE/SATA adapter for the optical drives, to reduce cable clutter.) When I boot up though, the computer just says "no disk present," yet even when I put in the Windows Vista CD it doesn't even boot into the install menu. Likewise it won't boot from a bootable floppy either - even though it detects the floppy drive :confused:

So does anyone have any experience with either an Abit AB9 motherboard, or installing Windows on a new pc with virtually all non-IDE drives/disks?

Any help would be brilliant!

The Abit AB9 requires you to load some extra drivers off the provided floppy disk when you are installing Windows. It will cause problems if you don't. I will try to find you instructions and post them in a few minutes.

Also, once you get everything up and running stable with all the drivers installed, but before you O/C, you'll want to update the BIOS. There is a Windows program on the install CD called Abit FlashMenu that makes BIOS flashing easy.

EDIT: Go to this thread and read the first post, then scroll down and read post #4 and post #6.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=476860

During the XP install, you have to press F6 when prompted to use third party drivers. You need to load the Jmicron and Intel drivers from the provided floppy disks.

Back