• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Budget LGA775 Mobo Recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Encore2097

Im building a budget PC for a family member:

Going to use the old Hard Drives (2 x 160gb) and possibly the DVD-RW + DVD-rom drives. (All IDE)

So I need a budget motherboard and plan to use an E4300 or E4400, something relatively cheap but performs. Got 2 GB of DDR2 planned and some cheap PCI-E graphics card which will be more than adequate.

So heres the thing:

I dont NEED 2 x IDE connectors, I mean it would be nice to not have to buy another set of drives, but if I cant I'll just buy a SATA DVD-RW no biggie.

So can you guys recommend me a cheap, stable, motherboard. It would be nice if it has overclockable potential but thats the least necessary factor.

Peepaw said:
What price range do you have in mind?

same question but

if your looking for budget ecs makes some pretty stable boards and some of them do sli

they are kind of ok on overclocking but it got my p4 from 2.8 to 3.121 but i cant messwith my vcore or anything... besides my multiplier is locked

Peepaw said:
What price range do you have in mind?

Around $100 for the board (but I can stretch to get a better board for a bit more). I also found out that they wanted a new burner so I be putting in a SATA DVD-RW so I no longer need 2 IDE ports.

Last edited:
The Gigabyte 965 S3 (not the 945 version). Most of the sub $100 boards that support C2D will be non-Intel chipsets. I would avoid those. I've heard the Biostar mobo is ok for a modest O/C.

Last edited:
Any suggestions on a vid card? Some thing cheap enough < 75 or 50 and can run Flight Sim, DVD on a 20inch wideescreen lcd, and Vista when I upgrade

Back