• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xbox360elitesystem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZGOZZ

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360elite/default.htm?WT.svl=nav

bnteliteConsole.jpg

I know some might want to know about this..

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360elitesystem/default.htm#

not really a rip off... if you have the premium system and want the bigger hard drive it is $100 less expensive. Instead of limiting the space of 20gb for my demos/downloads, etc I am getting an elite tomorrow. It isn't worth upgrading to necessarily for an xbox360 user, but for someone coming to a 360 for the first time it is plenty worth it imho.

Janus67 said:
not really a rip off... if you have the premium system and want the bigger hard drive it is $100 less expensive. Instead of limiting the space of 20gb for my demos/downloads, etc I am getting an elite tomorrow. It isn't worth upgrading to necessarily for an xbox360 user, but for someone coming to a 360 for the first time it is plenty worth it imho.

Well I understand then if you need it for Demos/Download, something I never use...I mean I do download demos but delete them once I'm done so I don't even get close to the 20 Gig Limit.

I like the hard drive and true high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) cable

When you can nab a 2-3 month old Premium for <$300 (Which you can, if you know the right place to look) then the elite is a huge rip off.

yeah if you don't like getting something brand new with a warranty.

ZGOZZ said:
I like the hard drive and true high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) cable

That sounds like you pulled that comment straight out of a HDMI brochure or something.

Anyway, a 360 is something I've been debating for about almost 2 months now, I haven't crunched the numbers between the two to see if it's worth it but if I got serious looking I would. It would be nice to have HDMI for future TV's, the hard drive I care less about, sounds like it's increased to go with their HD TV/Movie download service.

Uhh, HDMI is only a multi-media interface because it carries audio and video :p. Otherwise it'd just be a regular old video interface ;)

Annnnd Used 360's have a 1 year manufacturers warranty just like new! Admittedly, it'll be < 1 year depending on how old it is when you get it... If you want to dish out $$$ for ebgames 2 year plan, be my guest.

I picked up a premium from bestbuy last night with 2 year prp for I think total was $390

Now im filling my hdd with demos and think the $120 might be worth it :)

Oni said:
Personally, I'd just pick up a Premium 360 and grab the 120GB HD that MS is releasing. Better deal in the end.
how is that a better deal when it would be $580 for the xbox premium + 120gb hard drive?

Janus67 said:
how is that a better deal when it would be $580 for the xbox premium + 120gb hard drive?

Maybe you didn't see the post right above yours...

...not to mention the fact that most 360 premiums come with either fifty or (in the case of Toys R Us every other month...) one-hundred dollar gift cards. I think my 360 premium came with a 20 dollar gift card, a one year replacement plan, and a free copy of G.R.A.W.

Back