• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my amd 64 3000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamborambo

Hi all. recently brought an amd am2 64 3000 and 1 gig ddr2-667.
was wondering what sort of overclocking you reckon i could get out of them with standard cooling. i was hoping to take the cpu clock speed up from 1.8 to around 2.2, without using much more voltage.
would this be possible?
also, not quite sure how to configure the HTTlink and HT frequency etc... to get best performance out of ram and cpu together.
any ideas?
thanks
james

Last edited:
What mobo u have? that would help alot.

Otherwise, just drop the HTT multi to 4, and raise the ht frequency in steps of 5 and see where u get before it gets unstable.

Also, drop ur cpu multilier to 5 or 6, and increase the ht frequence to see where ur ram tops out. then push the cpu and see where it tops out.

hi. thats a big help. thanks.
its an nFORCE 6 MBOARD with the nforce 410 MCP chipset but im not sure exactly which model.
what sort of psu power would i need to run it, along with 2 dvd rom drives, an 80gb ide hard drive, and a pci e 16x 512mb graphics card? 400w?
and what sorta values would you expect outa the ram? 350? 375? i reckon the CPU should reach 2.2ghz ok, but not sure what freq is 'safe' for the ram?

Last edited:
Back