• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thank you to ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
It's been a long while, maybe two years ago. Some one from team 32 offered a Pentium 1.2 GHz CPU free as long as it would be put to use as a folding machine. I received that CPU, purchased an adapter to make it work in my MB and got it folding.

I just took it out of service for good this week. The last count was 140 WU's. It is likely and probable that it did more than that in the last few years. The machine had several OS's installed over that time so I do not have a real count of the WU's completed.

I can not recall who was kind enough to donate this CPU to me but I do wish to say a public "Thank you".

I am replacing that machine with an AMD 2100+ T-bred B (a good OC'er) that will crank units out a little faster. The old CPU is being donated to a relative who needs a computer but can not afford one.

I fold under the same screen name don256us. I am currently #343 on the team.

Fold on every one. Fold on.

Yes indeed ... nice to see a long term T32 folder drop in to say hi :)

Fold on Don !

:beer: :beer:

Great to hear that that free chip has done you so well...and will continue to work for someone...

nice work, glad it made it so long (i didnt donate) make sure it goes to use for something else :)

Back